Election Information

2021 Elections:
Polling Location & Hours
Cushing Community Center, 2510 242nd St, Cushing, WI 54006
Polls open from 7:00 am – 8:00 pm

All persons of voting age must be registered to vote. You can pre-register any time of the
year up to 20 days before the election. Late registration can be done in the clerk’s office
during the 20 days before an election up to the Friday before the election or in person on
Election Day.

You must re-register to vote if you have a name or address change. Proof of current
address within the Town is required when registering or re-registering to vote. Acceptable documents include current property tax bill, current utility bill, recent paycheck stub or unexpired driver’s license or WI ID card (see Acceptable Residence Verification list link below.

What to bring to the Poles?
You must present an acceptable form of Photo ID. See Acceptable ID verification link
below and verification of address if registering on Election Day

On Election Day: You are required to present a photo ID, this cannot be expired more than
4 years, you will be asked to state your name and current address, be sure to sign the poll

How to request an absentee ballot:
Any qualified elector who is registered to vote in this municipality and is unable or
unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request to vote by absentee
ballot for a single election or for an entire year. Proof of identification must be provided
with the request before an absentee ballot may be issued.

You must submit a written request to the clerk in the form of a letter, email, in person or
through  https://elections.wi.gov/wec-form/absentee-ballot-request-el-121-121h-121sno later than 5 pm the fifth day before an election. Your request
must list your name, physical address within the municipality, the address the absent
ballot should be sent to, if different, the name or date of the election or elections you
would like to vote by absentee, date and signature. Please submit with copy of photo ID to Town of Sterling, clerk, 13021 W Bass Lake Rd, Grantsburg, WI 54840 or by email to: [email protected]
Vote your absentee ballot place in the envelope and be sure to sign the certificate in front of a witness. The witness must sign their name and write their address. Witnesses do not need to live in the municipality. Return to the Town clerk on or before election day.

Note: Special absentee voting application provisions apply to electors who are
indefinitely confined to home or a care facility, in the military, hospitalized or serving as
a sequestered Juror. If this applies to you. Contact the municipal clerk regarding
deadlines for requesting and submitting an absentee ballot.

In Person Absentee Voting:
You may also vote an absentee ballot in person at the clerk’s office by appointment only.
Photo ID must be presented before a ballot will be issued to you. See acceptable ID
verification items. You do not need to file a request form for voting in person. The first
day to vote an absentee ballot in the clerk’s office is the 3rd Monday before an election.
The last day to vote an in person absentee ballot is Friday before an election. NO in person absentee voting may occur on the day before the election. Contact Melissa at
715/220-9399 for appointment or be email to [email protected].
The municipal clerk will deliver voted ballots returned on or before the Election Day to the
polling location before the polls close. Any ballots received after the polls close will not be counted.

You can Register to vote, check your voter history, update your address and name, https://elections.wi.gov/voters

Request absentee ballots at https://elections.wi.gov/wec-form/absentee-ballot-request-el-121-121h-121s
Registration form: https://elections.wi.gov/wec-form/voter-registration-application-el-131-131h-131s
Acceptable Residence Verification: http://www.gab.wi.gov/publications/voterguides/proof-of-residence
Acceptable ID Verifications: https://elections.wi.gov/voters/photo-id
Wisconsin Voter Information: https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/
Where to go for Results: https://elections.wi.gov/voters
Who are all your elected officials? http://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/MyElectedOfficials
If you would like to work as an election poll worker, fill out and submit the Poll worker
application located in the forms and permits tab or contact your Town clerk at